The 2018 EAP Indoor Amsterdam is once again part of the EAP circuit. In 2016 and 2017, we saw about 20 international participants competing at the Ookmeerhal, and we hope to have even more this year with performances like:
· Miguel Marques (EAP Leiria) 1st Place, new PB and new track record Men’s Long Jump: 7,73m
· Krisztina Hoffer (EAP Budapest) 1st Place and new track record Women’s Triple Jump: 12,74m
· Veronica Crida (EAP Biella) 1st Place Women’s Long Jump: 5,51m
We are aiming to build on that success with more athletes, more PRs, and more fun this year!
The meeting will take place Saturday, February 3rd, 2018 in Amsterdam with the following events:
· Men: 60m sprint, 60m hurdles, High Jump, and Long Jump.
· Women: 60m sprint, 60m hurdles, High Jump, Triple Jump, and Long Jump.
· For all events we also welcome Handisport/Para-sport athletes!
Just like last year, there will be cash prizes. We will have two classifications for the prizes with Men’s and Women’s sprints and hurdles combined into one class and Men’s and Women’s technical events also combined into the second class. Prizes will be awarded according to IAAF points, with first place in each classification receiving €150, 2nd place €100, 3rd place €50, 4th place €30, and 5th place €20.
There is no registration cost for international athletes and we may be able to offer travel reimbursement or hotel accommodation.
There will also be a youth 60m sprint on Friday evening, February 2nd, 2018. The eligible ages for the youth competition is U16, that is, anyone with a birth year of 2003 or later.
Please contact us if any of your youth would like to come to Amsterdam! We can arrange homestays with Dutch families for them. Any youth who meet the EAP competition limits may also choose to compete as seniors on Saturday.
If you or the athletes whom you represent have interest in competing on 3 February, please do not self-register. Instead, please reach out via email at .